Saturday, April 02, 2011

Cutest or Ugliest Dog in the World? You decide

Our little Sasha (who we adopted in October at approximately 12 years of age) has been called by some people in Hong Kong a contender for the ugliest dog in the world.

(the previous holder of the title of world's ugliest dog was Miss Ellie, pictured here. She passed away June 2010 at age 17)

I personally think Sasha is adorable and I tell her that about 20x a day. (I also tell her throughout the day "mommy loves you")

Here's some pics of her at her most photogenic.

I brought home a lamb chop bone for her to suck on several weeks ago. She loved it!!! So much that her toothless gums bled from gnawing on it so long. Poor thing.

We almost lost her Feb 14th to her Cushings Disease and at that time, we also found out she has a huge tumor on her liver (all that in addition to being blind, no teeth, and mostly deaf). She didn't get much grooming during this sick period in February and it was obvious.

However, after some meds, she perked up and was feeling better so we took her in for a hair cut to help heal all the gross lesions that had appeared all over her body during her hospital stay.

I thought she looked better, but pics show, without all the hair she has the appearance of a stroke victim.

I don't care what anyone says, we love you Sasha and I hope karma catches up with the heartless previous owners who abandoned you on the streets of Hong Kong last summer.

Rugby 7's and Hanna's Birthday
Last weekend was abig sporting event in Hong Kong called the Rugby 7s that is often more about dressing up and consuming large amounts of alcohol than it is about the games for some people. (not me or Mark of course)

Mark and his boss Hanna got some coveted tickets to box seats that were catered and good views of the games. Mark went Friday night with a friend and Hanna and I went together on Saturday.

Hanna got in the spirit and wore some sexy feathered eyelashes. She got lots of attention as the hot blond Swede and I never felt shorter or more brunette:-)

We had a great time and although I obnoxiously taunted the Brits sitting in front of me during the US vs England game (and we lost horribly), it was a very good day.

Hanna also celebrated her Birthday Monday, March 28th. Coincidentally it would've been Bailey's 14th birthday on March 28th too. We had dinner with friends and Hanna tried a flaming Lambourgine drink for the 1st time. Much more impressive in person as my camera didn't quite catch the blue flame surrounding the towering drink.

1 comment:

Sharon Shope said...

I love this blog and follow it faithfully. Thank you for starting it again after losing Bailey.