In the meantime, I have to do a tribute to some of my favorite dogs in the world who have had a tough week this past week.
Dexter(Mark and Dexter 2 years ago when we saw him last) Most important is Dexter who crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Saturday. Dexter is Craig (Mark's brother), Kristen, Blake and Ella's dog and Dexter has been with us for almost 14 years I think. His poor old body wore out. Dexter was a perfect dog (in my mind) and will be missed by many many people. Mark and I babysat Dexter several times while Craig and Kristen took their month-long summer vacations and he was very much a part of our little family too.
Marvin(Marvin and Larry 2 years ago)
Marvin the wonder dog also had a hard week last week. Marvin is Mark's parents dog that they adopted from Multnomah County Animal Shelter. Poor blind, 1-eyed Marvin had a huge tumor removed from his boy parts on Thursday. He's doing ok now and we're sending well wishes from Hong Kong.
CharlieA very sad announcement this week is that our 15 year old foster dog Charlie died on Tuesday. His collapsed trachea was fatal and he died before we returned home from Thailand while at the home of a friend. He had a tough life but was well loved in his final week with us, I know that much!
Archie(Archie rising from the surf after a swim a few weeks ago)
Last but not least, my friend Brooke's dog Archie has leptospirosis. He's holding on after 8 days in the hospital and he's not out of the woods yet, but the fact he's held on this long is good news. Poor Brooke and Kevin have spent every day and night at the vet in shifts with him so he's got someone by his side always.
BaileyCompared to all this, Bailey is doing GREAT. Of course, she's still wearing the cone of shame and has her foot bandaged. Turns out her foot was infected from her disgusting enlarged lick granuloma and she's now on antibiotics and has to wear the bandage and cone as long as possible. Crazy yoga dog fights this of course and the bandage is often removed when I come home, but we do what we can.
3 comments:
The picture must be touched up. Marvin has two eyes and I should have more hair.
Great update.
Larry ... so THAT's why you wear a hat all of the time! DF
No. I wear a hat so people won't mistake me for Brad Pitt.
Post a Comment