It
was a 4-day weekend for Dana last weekend with October 1st as China National Day and my office closed on Friday too. Saturday was the Moon Festival/Mid-Autumn Festival too and I had a client from UK in town for entertaining so it made for a busy weekend, but fun.
On Thursday, I took Bailey to Stanley for some swimming with Brooke and her 3 dogs. The water was unbelievably clear and clean and although Bailey just waded in the water, Brooke's dogs did some serious swimming and chasing tennis balls in the surf.
China National DayOn China National Day (this was the 60th anniversary by the way), the way to celebrate is parades, and a big firework display at night.
In Beijing, they did some huge celebration but it was much more laid back in Hong Kong. In fact, there was a huge pro-democracy parade (anti-communism) instead.
While in Stanley, I took my only parade picture since these women looked so pretty all dressed up.Hong Kong Tour Guide for Clients
On Friday and Saturday I did client entertaining but they are nice clients so it was no problem. We look a boat to Lamma Island for a seafood dinner and posed by the laughable sign warning people not to fish using explosives.
Monday Junk TripI got to do another boat/junk trip on Monday since Brooke's husband's company has a boat that wasn't being used so we gathered a few people for a night out and dinner. This picture was wobbly but the skyline is beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment