Monday, July 23, 2007

Uncle Jim and Aunt Diane come for a visit






My mom's baby brother, my uncle Jim and his wife Diane came to Hong Kong for a visit this past week and we had a jam packed week of sight seeing eating and fun.

By far, the most fun part of the week was a private chartered boat cruise we organized on Saturday with about 20 friends.

It was 8 beautiful hours on a gorgeous boat swimming in the warm waters of Hong Kong's Sai Kung area and hanging out on a secluded sandy beach that can only be reached by boat. Of course there was lots of food and drinks to keep us nourished and just to be sure they didn't get dehydrated, a few people brought their beers into the water too.

The braver souls from our group enjoyed jumping from the top deck of the boat. I was not one of them.

On Sunday, I took my aunt and uncle up Mt. Butler for a hike in the 100 degree weather. (I swear they made me do it, not the other way around). We took it really slow and I was able to show them Hong Kong is more than a concrete jungle, there's real jungle too.

They are off to Phuket, Thailand now to visit my cousin Johnny and relax in a beachside resort. Wish I had that to look forward to too, but our vacation back to USA will be here before we know it.

No comments: