My office is about 12 minute walk from our apartment and the 1st thing I see when I leave my apartment is the square across the street filled with people doing Tai Chi and a host of wheelchair bound seniors getting a morning push around the neighborhood by their amahs.
The always present street sweepers keeping HK immaculate.
I manage to walk past the bakery 4 doors down from my apartment although the delicious baked goods smells call to me every morning.
This is the Chinese restaurant I often get take away dinners on the way home from work. On the way to work, I get to see what fresh vegetables they've had delivered for the days menu. If Bailey were with me, I'd be fighting to keep her nose out of those baskets.
Next, I pass the drug store where I get Mark's back meds. In the USA, he needed a prescription and we paid a huge amount of money for those meds. In HK, I just walk in and buy as many pills as I want, whenever I want. Bought 100 pills for $100 Hong Kong dollars today. (approx $13 USD).
Then, I visit the fruit stand and get some apples so I have something healthy at my desk for when the munchies hit me mid day.
I walk past the North Point ferry terminal where again, there's always a crowd of people doing exercise.
And, of course, I make sure to walk past the off leash, fenced dog run area each morning, just to see what adorable doggies are enjoying a walky.Finally, I arrive at work. 4 hours of emails, meetings and solving problems and then it's lunch time. Monday was a GORGEOUS 70 degree sunny day. I usually bring my backpack of exercise gear to work in case I'm able to get out for a run or walk at lunch, and Monday I escaped at 12:30 and decided to hike up Mt. Butler.
Mt. Butler is about 10 minute walk from my office, and then it's a 35 minute power walk straight up hill. It kills me!
When I reach the top, there's Jacob's Ladder to take me to the peak and that's 600 of the steepest steps that you're legs feel like jello when you reach the top.
The view from the top and the gentle breeze was worth it though. Then, I run down and back to work. Only 1 hour 15 minutes out of my day and can't believe I'm lucky enough to have that close enough to do whenever I want.
Back to the office (which looks like a glass totem pole) and get through the rest of the day, client meeting at 4:00, conference call with Vienna from 6-8pm and then home.
On the walk home, I considered picking up dinner at the "Nasty Seafood Restaurant". (Should be Dynasty...they have to fix that...."
By then, I was ready to curl up next to little Sasha for a snooze. But, the Oscars were on TV and me being the celeb fanatic I am, I had to watch until the very end which was after 11pm.
1 comment:
Thanks Dana, we enjoyed getting a peek at your day!
Kelso Mom
Post a Comment