Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy 12th BDay Bailey

Our little girl turns 12 today and she's celebrating by sleeping and whining for food. Ah, just like every other day in the past 12 years. I'm hoping for another 12 years with her since I can't imagine life without her.

Speaking of birthdays, back in the USA a ton of our relatives are celebrating birthdays lately. So, all at once, Happy Birthday Katie, Elly, Ann, Gene, Kristen, Blake, Randi, Kylie, Kim and Eric! Whew, that's a lot of birthdays so good thing the Chinese tradition is not to give presents...

Rob Comes for A Visit
Our friend Rob (of Alexis and Rob fame) came to Hong Kong from Germany for a short work trip and he was able to squeeze us in for dinner. Now I'm inspiredto plan that trip to go visit them in Switzerland/Germany.

Also, Tony the Tabby was adopted. Yea! A nice young couple with no kids and they adopted another kitten that's super friendly so hopefully Tony warms up even more.

Shenzhen Spa and Shopping
Last weekend, Mark and I went to Shenzhen to do some shopping (Here's a kid at the shopping mall. They start them smoking young in Shenzhen I guess)

While in Shenzhen, I dragged Mark to the spa. I thought Mark knew what he was getting into, but when we were in the shuttle van and I mentioned they'd be escorting him to the men's section for a shower and to change into the spa "pajamas" before we met back up, and he looked panicked and wanted to jump out of the car. He was very uncomfortable but bucked up and went in with me and I think he enjoyed it. We were there for 4 hours and the time goes by so quickly. We sat in the movie theater section side-by-side and watched some Chinese war movie while getting foot rubs, pedicures and getting served food and drink. I got another massage and then we had to rush home so we could make it across the border before the trains stopped running at midnight. (picture above is the street outside the spa. No pictures allowed inside)

Rugby 7's
Friday, Mark got to go to one of the most popular events in Hong Kong called the Rugby 7's which is as you'd expect, a whole bunch of Rugby games. I can't tell you more because I've never gone, but all the Brits, Aussies and Europeans go nuts for this. It rained as you can see from Mark's picture, but people usually consume enough beer, they probably don't notice the rain.

Last and Also Least, Apartment Shopping
We've put apartment shopping on hold lately, mostly I admit because it's on the bottom of my priority list. But, we did see one last weekend and it was the most stupid layout so I have to share a picture. How many people do you know that want to have a sliding window from the kitchen to the BATHROOM. (yep, that's Mark sitting on the toilet for authenticity). The sad thing is the owner JUST renovated this so must have made that decision. As well as deciding to put built in closets for clothes in the living room and built in bookshelves in the bedroom instead of vice versa. The apartment was pretty big, and fairly inexpensive, but why so many stupid design flaws?

No comments: