Brazilian Carnaval for HKDRThursday, May 29th was the big Hong Kong Dog Rescue event that I've been planning for the past few months with 3 other volunteers (Laura, Brooke and Candice.) I wish I had a picture of all 4 of us event organizers but we were all running around so crazy that night we didn't get a pic. Instead, here's me, Sarah and Grace posing in front of the sponsor board which we were very proud to have sold out at $500HKD per dog for 55 dogs! Sarah's the Marketing Asst at my office and I got her to volunteer her graphic design skills for making the event ads and she also showed up to help out the night of the event. What a trooper. Grace is a volunteer at the shelter.
The theme was "Brazilian Carnaval" and it was a really fun party/fundraiser. There were Brazilian dancers, a band and lots of fundraising activities including a raffle and an auction. Here's Sarah and me with one of the Brazilian dancers.We had about 250 people there and raised a lot of money. I've heard good reports the party itself was a blast so our event planning was a success.
The White Kitty Gets RingwormThe Friday after the fundraiser, May 30th, I noticed a rash on one of my 3 foster kittens and feared ringworm. I rushed all 3 back to the shelter vet and yes, one of them has ringworm. The other 2 (the sweet one and scaredy cat) were okay so they were kept at the shelter and they both ended up getting adopted by the same family! Very good news.
The "white one" who is now named "Lulu" got to come back home with me for 3 weeks to get treatment. The funny thing is as soon as I got her home, she turned into the sweetest little kitten. She can't get enough of our love and is the most cuddly, sweet and mischievious kitty. It's a shame she's contagious and we have to keep her separated from Bailey because she sooooo wants to play with someone. Lulu lives in the "bedroom wing" of our apartment and Bailey is in the "living wing".Dragonboat Festival
It's another 3-day weekend in Hong Kong, June 7-9 for Dragonboat Festival. We didn't go on a trip as I had hoped and instead we're just being lazy and hanging around at home. Last year's Dragonboat Festival was one of the hottest days of the year. This year, we had a very rainy weekend. It was Black Rain warning on Saturday which means it's raining so hard you can't see in front of you and signs are posted everywhere saying not to go out. It's Monday now and it has cleared up, but it's hard to break the lazy pattern and go do something, so we're sitting around watching Casino Royale.
No comments:
Post a Comment