This is an exciting week for Mark and I because we have our first visitors. My cousin John is visiting with his wife Pim, their 9 year old daughter Masha and 7 month old son Arthur. John is Canadian and his wife is Thai. He lives in Thailand now when he's not out on an oil rig working. They are stopping in Hong Kong for 3 days on a "pit stop" trip from Thailand back to Vancouver B.C. to spend Christmas with the relatives. (Since I grew up in Seattle, John and his 6 brothers and sisters were just a hop skip and a jump away and my family visited them often in Canada, so it's nice to have a familiar family member visit). They go to Disneyland Hong Kong tomorrow and then leave on Wednesday, so it'll be a short visit.
Other than that, the only other update is I'm surprised to find out it's Christmas time! How can it be Christmas if I'm still wearing shorts? Most Hong Kongers don't really celebrate Christmas, (I polled my co-workers and many of them don't even buy Christmas presents!) but there's lots of decorations all over town to remind me of the season. I just mailed off my Christmas presents to the USA, so I guess it's officially Christmas (Katie and Elly, Blake and Ella, Randy, Kylie and Jaeli, don't worry, the presents are on their way.) We are staying in Hong Kong for Christmas and spending the holiday at my boss' house, Sue, with Laura and Richard (and of course Sue's dogs Chuckie and Bam Bam!) It'll be a festive day to be sure and they've promised me traditional English pudding with clotted cream, so we'll see if it lives up to the hype.
I'll write more about our Canadian/Thai holiday extravaganza later this week.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment