Do we look cold?
Football Season
I
Johnny and Pim's Thai Wedding
At last, we have some Thailand pictures to share that we've accumlated from friends (after I lost my camera at the wedding:-(
I won't explain them all, but in short, the 1st pictures are of our arrival in Udan Thani which is surprisingly flat and not hilly as I imagined since it's nearly on the border of Thailand and Laos.
Mark and I had the 1st night in Udon Thani and enjoyed dinner at a street market.The next 3 days were a blur as we enjoyed Johnny, Pim, Arthur, all the friends and family and of course, the wedding.
The day before the wedding/Garden partyWe ate lots and lots of delicious Thai food that magically seemed to appear in front of us before I could even realize I was hungry.

The Ceremony
Lots of traditional Thai ceremonies pictured here including Johnny and his best man Trevor having to take a walk down the lane to be greeted at the house by the bride's family where he had to bargain to get in.
Then there was foot washing and finally the ceremony which was seated on their living room sofa with lots of candle lighting,
ceremonial food, and a guy with a microphone who I couldn't understand.
At the end, we tied strings around everyone's wrists to signify something that I never got clarified.The Reception

The reception was an all day party which seemed to involve nearly every person in town...including the local Thai authorities who stopped by to see what all the fuss was about.





1 comment:
Dana,
Glad to see you have some good memories, we were so glad you guys came and had a great time...the strings around the wrist were for good luck. Cheers!
Post a Comment