Monday, February 25, 2008

More HK Dog Rescue stuff, and Dana teaches

Another Soda Dog Sunday
Sunday was another one of those Hong Kong Dog Rescue fundraisers at the bar called Soda. It was cold, windy and rainy, but we went anyway and once again Bailey was an Angel. I'm so proud of her.

Bailey Goes for out for Pizza
After the dog event, we even went out to dinner with Alexis and Rob and brought Bailey along. She sat at the outdoor table like an angel while we ate pizza and sipped drinks. Towards the end of the night she was pooped and put her head on the table and stared at Mark as if to say "hurry up and finish your beer so we can go home and go to sleep". Oh wait, that's what my stare means. Not sure what Bailey was thinking in this devil dog picture.

Happy 30th Tara
We also celebrated my co-worker Tara's 30th birthday on Thursday last week. A Asian Elvis stopped by the bar and serenaded her with Love Me Tender. When he came in, everyone seemed to know who he was, so he must do this every night? Odd place this Hong Kong is.

Professor Peterson
The last big event in my week is I taught a class at Hong Kong Baptist University. I tried to convert them all to Cathalocism. Just kidding! I was invited to speak to the senior class Communications class about PR and communications and marketing stuff. It was interesting yet exhausting. The students asked lots of questions and seemed to get a lot out of it. I hope to get an intern out of it. The class was 1 1/2 hours long and I managed to talk the whole time. Probably not too surprising to those who know me and my blabbermouth tendencies.

IABC
I got involved in this because I'm involved in an association call International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) and am also their VP Professional Development which is a fancy title for event/programs planner. Anyway, I met the professor while planning an event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and busy week. By the way, did you speak Cantonese or Mandarin at HK Baptist?


Dad