Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lion Dance and Happy Birthday Katie

This will be a short blog entry this week since there's not much to report.

The most exciting events in my week last week were that they did a cool lion dance right outside our apartment building one morning to celebrate some new restaurant opening. I ended up standing around and watching and was late to work as a result.

Pretty cool though. That's 2 guys in the lion costume and they were jumping around in unison on these 6 foot tall poles. While these other dudes in green pants banged on the drums and made a racket.


Another big event coming up is my niece Katie is turning 10 years old on Saturday Feb 23! Happy Birthday Katie. Here's a picture of her, isn't she pretty? Oh wait, that's Gabrielle from High School Musical.


This is the picture of Katie.
They look pretty similar to me, but of course the real Katie is prettier, don't you agree? Anyway, I hope you have a great 10th birthday Katie. Eat a piece of chocolate cake for me please.

Christmas in February
Also, I finally got the big boxes of Christmas presents for the family back home in the mail this week. So Katie, you'll have it in time for your birthday. And, while I'm at it, since I've missed or am about to miss all my nieces and nephews birthdays, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ella, Blake, Elly, Randi, Kylie and Jaeli too!

Cold Hong Kong Weather
Also, it's still been cold (relatively speaking) so we've all been freezing and complaining. Of course, it's only been about 50 degrees but in Hong Kong, that's cold especially since most buildings aren't equipped with heaters which means 50 degrees outside means it's not much warmer inside. It's Tuesday now and the weather is starting to heat up (around 60 something) so it's much more tolerable.

No comments: