
This last Sunday, I took part in a fundraiser for the Hong Kong Dog Rescue. It's a walk called Peak to Post which includes a walk from the top of the Peak (the tallest peak in Hong Kong) down to a bar called Post 1997. There were about 300 people who did the event and just about as many dogs.
Since my lovely Bailey is too old for such an endeaver, I got one of the adoptable dogs from the Hong Kong Dog Rescue and took him for the walk, hoping to find him a new home. His name is Gazza and he's been at the shelter for many months. He came in as a puppy with his sister but his sister got adopted. He's a great dog and got along with everyone...humans and canine alike. He'd make a great pet and if I had more time and space I'd adopt him. Instead, I'll just have to dedicate myself to finding him a home.
After the walk was over, Mark joined me and the rest of the dog walking crew at the bar for some after walk celebrating. (Mark missed the walk to stay home and watch the Washington State University Cougars beat the Huskies in what he calls "the best Apple Cup game EVER.") Anyway, he was in the celebrating mood so turned up for a pint (or 2 or 3 or 4...) Our friends Laura, Richard, Zoe, Mel and Fergus also did the walk with their dogs. 
Here's Mel and her beagle Boris and her new puppy Gorbachev.

And, here's my co-worker Zoe and her dog BC (who she adopted from HK dog rescue. She was fostering BC when BC was a little puppy, and ended up adopting her, a common story for foster parents).
Poor Bailey had to stay home and mope under the bed while we all had fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment