
It's been 2 weeks since my last blog entry, but I have a good reason for being late...I'm tired. Our vacation back to the USA starts Thursday Aug 16th and hopefully I'll be able to relax and sleep lots.
Richard and Laura Tie the Knot
On a more interesting note, we had something big to celebrate last weekend, our friends Richard and Laura decided to make it official and get married. They are not into the whole big wedding thing, so instead they just had a casual legal ceremony at the registration office on Sat morning Aug 4th. Then, to celebrate the occasion, they invited some friends to their place on Lamma Island to relax on the beach. The
main reason for picking Lamma was everyone could bring their dogs, because really, what's a wedding celebration without the dogs?
There were 10 humans and 6 dogs and it was a wonderful relaxing and happy day. (Here's Laura, the dog whisperer, handing out treats to the canine guests. Notice the garter with the bikini. We couldn't let her shun all wedding traditions so Tara got the garter and I made sure a cheesecake appeared sometime during the day.)
Typhoon!
Also big news this week was our first typhoon since we moved to Hong Kong. When Typhoon signal #8 is hoisted, the whole city is supposed to shut down and everyone leaves work immediately and goes home. Signal #8 was raised at 3:00 on Friday, and while I hurried home to my sweet little dog Bailey, Mark and his coworkers went to the LKF bar area and spent the next
8 hours waiting for the typhoon at a bar called Stormies. (one of the only things open).
By 8:00, it didn't look like the storm was going to ever arrive, so I joined Mark at Stormies were I found him hoarding beers. (Stocking up just in case?) As it turned out, the storm never hit HK island and instead blew over the new territories to the north of us so it ended up being a false alarm. Oh well, it was a nice early release day from work anyway.
Richard and Laura Tie the Knot
On a more interesting note, we had something big to celebrate last weekend, our friends Richard and Laura decided to make it official and get married. They are not into the whole big wedding thing, so instead they just had a casual legal ceremony at the registration office on Sat morning Aug 4th. Then, to celebrate the occasion, they invited some friends to their place on Lamma Island to relax on the beach. The
main reason for picking Lamma was everyone could bring their dogs, because really, what's a wedding celebration without the dogs?There were 10 humans and 6 dogs and it was a wonderful relaxing and happy day. (Here's Laura, the dog whisperer, handing out treats to the canine guests. Notice the garter with the bikini. We couldn't let her shun all wedding traditions so Tara got the garter and I made sure a cheesecake appeared sometime during the day.)
Typhoon!
Also big news this week was our first typhoon since we moved to Hong Kong. When Typhoon signal #8 is hoisted, the whole city is supposed to shut down and everyone leaves work immediately and goes home. Signal #8 was raised at 3:00 on Friday, and while I hurried home to my sweet little dog Bailey, Mark and his coworkers went to the LKF bar area and spent the next
8 hours waiting for the typhoon at a bar called Stormies. (one of the only things open).By 8:00, it didn't look like the storm was going to ever arrive, so I joined Mark at Stormies were I found him hoarding beers. (Stocking up just in case?) As it turned out, the storm never hit HK island and instead blew over the new territories to the north of us so it ended up being a false alarm. Oh well, it was a nice early release day from work anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment