Thursday, July 01, 2010

Girls Weekend in Phuket Thailand

Last weekend, I had a girls weekend in Phuket with Brooke, Gloria, Brooke's 3 month old baby girl Bailey and Lynn, Bailey's nanny.

Brooke rented a villa (more like a mansion) for 2 weeks and her husband and inlaws from UK were coming later in the week. But before that, we had the whole place to ourselves for 4 days.

It was HUGE, I'd guess 3500 square feet with 2 private pools, 3 stories, several decks, a yard and our own cook. L-u-x-u-r-y.

Here's the view from the pool.



And, the view from the beach below. Our villa is towards the right, with one of the pointed pagoda's on the deck.

My room was on the bottom level right next door to the fitness room. Perfect.




Since it was so nice at the villa, we really didn't leave or see much of Phuket. Just laid around sleeping, eating, drinking and swimming.

On Sunday, we all went out to brunch and then Brooke and I went to a spa for massages. Nothing but safety 1st in the Tuk Tuk with the baby. No door, open pavement wizzing by.

Here's Gloria when we came home from the spa. Asleep in the infinity pool on the inflatable frog with a beer.

Baby Bailey wore as much USA supportive clothes as possible before the British relatives showed up.

Gloria and I went into Patong on Monday since I wanted to see if it lived up to its seedy reputation. I laughed out loud when I saw this massage parlor and had to take a picture. At noon on a Monday, Patong wasn't so bad, but I could see it gets crazy at night with all the clubs. Lucky Buddhist Ronald McDonald is there to pray for the partyers.

No comments: