Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Foster Dog and Visitors from USA and UK

We got another foster dog on March 7th. Miu Miu is 8.5 years old Shihtzu mix and was abandoned at Hong Kong Dog Rescue shelter when her owner moved overseas.

She's just a little dog but she's already taken over as boss of the apartment much to Bailey's dismay.

I'm hoping to get her adopted soon although she is a nice cuddly addition to the family.

Also on March 7th, we took Bailey on the Sunday dog walk down from the Peak.

Another 1st, Mark joined the walk!! It was a rainy day and not the best for a walk, but Bailey loved it.

After the walk, we stopped at the pub and Bailey kept herself busy with a bone while we enjoyed a pint.

Unfortunately, at one point during the day at the pub, Bailey decided to try and take a treat from another bigger dog and there was a quick fight that left Bailey with 4 puncture wounds on her head. A trip to the vet for a shot of antibiotics and antiflamatories and she's fine now. I'm sure she didn't learn her lesson and would do it again in a heartbeat.

It's also been a busy 2 weeks because we've had lots of visitors. My friend Tiffany from WSU and my sorority and her husband Jeff who I also happened to go to High School with had a stopover in HK on their way back from a vacation in Bali. We only had a few hours with them to catch up over some Chinese food in Temple Street, but it was nice to have the chance to catch up.

We've also entertained some friends of friends from UK and I've had two sets of clients in town that have kept me busy day and night for the last week. Phew, glad to have a whole week with just regular work and evenings to relax. It's 26 degrees C today and we're heading off to dinner at a restaurant called Fat Angelos and then will sit out and enjoy the weather with a drink I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the WSU scarf on Bailey. Isn't she a cougar fan?

Dad