Just a few quick pictures of our Christmas day. Mark and I decided to leave Hong Kong island for the day and take the Turbo Jet, fast ferry to Macau (a little Portugese settlement 1-hour boat trip from Hong Kong). Macau is also part of China now, but was just handed back to China in 1999. It's called the Vegas of Asia and it actually pulls in more money than Vegas.
Big gamblers around here I guess.
Mark and I didn't gamble, but we did walk around, enjoy the sites and then return back home to spend the evening with Bailey.
Here's Mark at the entrance to Macua's Fisherman's Wharf, which is kind of like the theme park part of Vegas.

And, here's a picture of Christmas Eve in Hong Kong. Can you spot the irritated American in this crowd of caroling merry makers?
New Year's Plans
For New Year's we've just bought tickets to visit Vietnam, the city of Ho Chi Mihn, which as you might know, used to be called Saigon. We'll leave on Dec 29th and come back on Jan 3rd. It's only about 2 1/2 hours flight there and we found some cheap flights so why not?
Beverly, the woman who comes by and cleans our apartment 3 times a week, has her father in town from the Philippines and he said he'd be happy to stay at our apartment and take care of Bailey while we are out of town. When she offered, I asked her if her dad likes dogs since she knows how spoiled Bailey is and how Bailey will want lots of love and attention. She wrote back to me (and I quote) "I already told my father about Bailey and how important and special she is." Beverly sure knows how to make me smile.
2 comments:
Happy New Year! I saw your parents at my parents pre New Year party. They gave me your blog address. Sounds like you are loving it there.
PS - I left my message anonymously by accident - this is Karen (Sadler) Townsend. :0)
Post a Comment